Why is my PayPal account limited? – Guide 2021
If your account is limited, PayPal Will send you an email with the reason for that limitation. For your convenience, we always list the steps to remove the limitation in the Resolution Center under Steps to Remove Limitation.
Reasons for Account Limitations
There are several reasons why your account may be limited. Here are some examples:
- Regulatory requirements
Your account could be limited in order to comply with regulatory requirements. For example, requesting certain products, like a debit card, can trigger federal and state laws, and we may limit your account while we work together to satisfy those requirements.
- Acceptable Use Policy
Likewise, if you’re not in compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy, you’ll find that your account has been limited. Selling banned items such as prescription drugs or guns is an example of a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Unauthorized use
We may limit your PayPal account to protect you from potential losses and review any fraudulent activity if:
- We believe someone accessed your PayPal account without your authorization
- Your bank informs us that there have been unauthorized transfers between your PayPal account and your bank account
- Your debit or credit card issuer alerts us that someone may have used your card without your permission
- Higher-risk activity
Another reason why your account could be limited is seller performance indicating your account is high risk. Examples include:
- You received an unusually high number of claims and chargebacks from your buyers, which is an indication of poor seller performance
- You started selling an entirely new type of product, such as a higher-cost item like jewlery
- Your typical sales volume increased rapidly, which is out of nature with your usual sales patterns
In these cases, your account may be limited while we do a review.
- Inactive account
We may also limit your PayPal account if you haven’t used it much since you signed up. To restore full access to your account, log in and provide a Proof of Identity (such as Driver’s license Copy, State ID copy etc.). Go to your Notifications center to upload documents.
How do I remove a limitation from my account?
To remove a limitation from your account:
- Go to the Resolution Center.
- Under ‘Your account access is limited,’ click Go to Account Limitations.
- Click Resolve beside each requirement.
If you’re required to upload documents, review our tips for submitting documents.
If you complete all of the requirements and your account remains limited, it might be because:
- We need additional information from you. Check your emails for more info.
- We haven’t finished reviewing your case. We’ll email you with our decision.
In most cases, our customer service team can’t remove your limitation over the phone. Please wait for us to contact you.
Note: If you received an email stating that your account is limited, but don’t see any limitation in the Resolution Center, you may have received a fake email. Forward it to email@example.com and we’ll investigate it for you.
After you send us the email, delete it from your inbox. If you clicked any links or downloaded any attachments within the suspicious email or website, log in to your account and view your transactions. It’s also a good idea to change your password.
What does it mean if my account access is limited?
When your account access is limited, it means that you won’t be able to do certain things with your PayPal account. For example, you might not be able to send or withdraw money.
Most of the time, you can fix this by visiting the Resolution Center and providing some information. Here’s how:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Resolution Center at the bottom of the page to find information on lifting the limitation.
If you’ve completed the suggested steps and your account is still limited, it means one of two things:
- We’ve sent you an email asking for more information, or
- We’re reviewing the information you provided and we’ll email you with an update (usually within 3 business days).
If you still have questions about your account access, contact customer service by clicking Contact at the bottom of any page.
When does PayPal remove account limitations?
The time it takes to have account limitations lifted varies depending on the issue. The fastest way to keep the process moving is to submit the requested information as quickly as you can. Once you have, we’ll get back to you, usually in three business days or less, with next steps. We may request additional information.
Tip: You can view your account status at any time in the Resolution Center. If for any reason you can’t complete the necessary steps to remove the limitations, contact Customer Service directly for help.
What is the limit on unverified PayPal account?
You can verify your PayPal account by linking a bank account, credit card, or debit card. Once your verify your PayPal, there will no longer be a withdrawal limit for your account; unverified accounts having a monthly withdrawal limit of $500.
Can PayPal freeze your bank account?
Paypal can freeze your personal or business Paypal account. They can’t freeze your bank account because they are just a payment gateway where your bank account is associated to process and receive payments or funds.
PEOPLE ALSO ASK FOR:
paypal account limited email
paypal account limited reddit
paypal account limited – how to fix
bypass paypal limited account 2021
paypal account limited how long to resolve
paypal account limited email 2021
paypal account limited text
how to restore permanently limited paypal account