Message Blocking Is Active: What is it And How to Fix?
Hello Friends, welcome back to our new blog post. So today’s topic is message blocking is active.In this post we are going to know more about Message Blocking Is Active, what is it, how to fix it and more.
This problem is coming in front of many people. If we message someone, we get an error [Free Message: Unable To Send Message – Message Blocking Is Active]. This issue occurs mostly in T-Mobiles. We tried to make it easy to follow this guide for users who may have experienced this issue on some other carriers.
It means that person has all text messaging blocked by their carrier and can’t send or receive any text messages. If it is – be certain the person you are texting to has their phone settings enabled to send and receive text messages. It could be a general rule or it could be a punishment.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- WHAT IS MESSAGE BLOCKING IS ACTIVE?
- REASONS FOR MESSAGE BLOCKING
- HOW TO FIX “MESSAGE BLOCKING IS ACTIVE” IN 2021
- OTHER WAYS TO FIX MESSAGE BLOCKING IN T-MOBILE
- FIX MESSAGE BLOCKING FOR IOS USERS
- RELATED SEARCHES
WHAT IS MESSAGE BLOCKING IS ACTIVE?
When message blocking is active, any message you attempt to send is not received by the recipient. You might simply see the message “free msg: unable to send message blocking is active” popping up on your screen.
This can happen due to a multitude of reasons but is usually because either the sender or receiver is a part of each other’s blocked contacts. Other than that, T-Mobile users seem to frequently encounter this problem. We’ll take a closer look into the reasons in the next section.
Message blocking is an option where you’ll not send or receive any messages from people. In this case, certain features are not available,
- Users won’t receive or send any text messages (SMS) or MMS from other contacts.
- The user won’t receive an instant message.
So we have made it clear in this paragraph that what is this active message blocking. So now let’s move on to the next question.
REASONS FOR MESSAGE BLOCKING
After receiving numerous reports from various users, we decided to investigate the problem and devised a set of fixes to eradicate it. Also, we analyzed the reasons why it was being activated and listed them as follows.
- Service Interruption – This error was mainly triggered due to a service cut by the service provider. This service outage may be due to a temporary maintenance outage and the message service may have stopped due to this error being displayed.
- Block List – This is the main cause of message blocking because the receiver is on the sender’s block list or vice versa. Both people need to make sure that neither of them is on the other’s text message block lists. Also, make sure you can call them without any problem.
- Access To Premium Messages – There is in some cases, the user may have configured their mobile to not allow the sending or receiving of premium SMS messages. This is a service used by some messaging apps and must be allowed for some of the features to work properly.
- Short Code Issue – This issue was reported by a T-Mobile issuer that his problem was being caused by an error with his short-code that was set to block. This is a technical issue and can only be fixed by a technician from T-Mobile Support.
HOW TO FIX “MESSAGE BLOCKING IS ACTIVE” IN 2021
FIX 1: Remove Contact Number From Blacklist
On your Android phone, you need to go to Settings> Messages> Blocked> Edit. If you can see the destination number listed, you need to tap Unblock next to it to remove it from the blacklist.
Another possibility is that the contact blocks you by mistake. If you are not sure, you can call that contact and see if the call can be established. You can also use another method to contact the contact and make a confirmation.
FIX 2: Enable Access To Premium Messages
- Swipe down the notification panel from the top of your Android Mobile.
- Tap The Settings Icon (the gear icon at the top right of the screen).
- Go to Apps > Apps.
- Click the 3-dot menu and select Special access.
- Tap Premium SMS Access.
- Tap Message and then tap Ask.
After these steps, you can resend the message and check if the problem is resolved.
FIX 3: Ask Support For Help
The best solution to this problem can only be devised by the technical staff at your particular operator’s customer service center. An example is a T-Mobile user who contacted his support via Twitter and received the following message explaining this problem at T-Mobile:
“Got it! Thank you very much for the information on that account. I have made an update to the shortcodes that will normally cause this problem. It looks like it was set to block for about 3 years. were you having trouble and tell me what are you doing? Thanks for your help! “
If you are unable to resolve the problem yourself, you can contact service provider support for assistance. The professional can help you find the cause and fix the problem.
OTHER WAYS TO FIX MESSAGE BLOCKING IN T-MOBILE
RESET YOUR DEVICE TO UNBLOCK MESSAGE BLOCKING
Sometimes you have mistakenly changed your message settings and are not aware of it. So in this case, if you can find, find where you made the mistake, but tried and still didn’t find the reasons.
So this is the only way to fix the solution which is factory reset your mobile. After a factory reset, all settings on your mobile device will become default, which will fix the message delivery error.
NOTE: During factory reset, all data on your phone will be lost. So be sure to make a backup before resting your mobile.
UPDATE MOBILE SOFTWARE
Have you ever visited your mobile license page? If yes, please check again. They may have been deleted by mistake and you have no idea about it.
If your file is there, then everything is fine. Last but not least, update your mobile firmware. It occurs due to some errors on your device, which create problems when delivering messages. So check, the mobile has firmware updates and update it.
FIX MESSAGE BLOCKING FOR IOS USERS
The error “Message blocking is active” most of the time occurs on iPhone due to an update. Although there may be other causes. So below are the solutions for iPhone users listed.
FIX 1: Check iMessaging
- Go to the Settings and then select Messages.
- Turn off iMessage and try sending the message again.
If this time you can send the message successfully, then the problem lies with iMessage. Always check that you have internet access while using iMessage. If you don’t have internet, it’s better to turn off iMessage.
But if there is no problem with your internet connection and you use iMessage, then you need to sign out and sign in again with your Apple ID. To do the same, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings and open Messages settings.
- Click Send & Receive, click your Apple ID, and sign out.
- Log in again and see if the problem is resolved.
FIX 2: Reset Network
This will only remove custom network settings such as WiFi networks and APNs, but personal information will not be affected.
- Go to settings and then open general settings.
- Click Reset and reset network settings. Resetting network settings will simply remove network settings like WiFi networks and APNs.
Check if your issue is solved.
FIX 3: Update Your Device
You need to check for updates by following the procedure detailed below.
- Open Settings and go to General Settings.
- Click Software Updates and perform any software updates that may be available.
If none of the above methods work for you, you need to perform a hard reset. You can also contact the service center and they will help you solve the problem.
Message Blocking Is Active Metro
Message Blocking Is Active T-mobile
Message Blocking Is Active Tracfone
Message Blocking Is Active Boost Mobile
Message Blocking Is Active Message Copy And Paste
How Do I Fix Unable To Send Message – Message Blocking Is Active
Message Blocking Is Active Mint Mobile
Free Msg Unable To Send Message – Message Blocking Is